The MIAP database upgrade scripts provide SQL statements which are run, sequentially, on upgrade of a MIAP repository from an older to a later version.
These scripts make the necessary modifications to the database schema and data to ensure the database is in the structure required by the target version of the MIAP software.
Alongside the SQL statements are descriptions of the actions to be performed and the rationale for the modification.
These statements and their accompanying descriptions may be of use to advanced users who have either made modifications to the database or have developed their own scripts which query the database directly.
- Addition of Triggers to a MooD database table;
- Development of custom SQL statements for a MooD Matrix;
- Third party tools which run SQL statements over the MooD database.
These users should perform the following actions prior to upgrade:
- Referring to the SQLUpgradeScript XML document (attached below), identify the batch of statements which will be run to upgrade their repositories from their current version to the target version;
- Assess whether any statements affect custom aggregations, stored procedures, triggers, views or other work created by the user;
- First, using a backup of the database, take remedial action to disable or correct work which may prevent the MooD Repository Manager Upgrade from completing, and complete any work which requires the structure to be in place post upgrade.
- Ensure the repository upgrade process is successful, and the end solution behaves appropriately. If in doubt please contact MooD International Support.