Here are the Technical Migration Notes for 20190218. The environment being used for UAT testing is Edge SQA.
The Data Provenance piece will be demo'd in Edge-Dev.
Bug Fixes in this Release:
1. #7495 Grouping on a Property Bug - JPMC #345 - The filtering wouldn't allow to group by year even if this should have been available, now this has been fixed - Available in mood/edge-client/6.228.0. https://github.com/MooDEdge/Edge/issues/7495
2. Craig Sears request- In a donut chart #7467 - It is now possible to see the central number as the highest or lowest value. Available in mood/edge-client/6.227.0. https://github.com/MooDEdge/Edge/issues/7467
3. Clicking instances from table breaks string filters #6879 - Fixed and available in this release.https://github.com/MooDEdge/Edge/issues/6879
4. Rename a panel in pinboard loses old panel name #7141 - original title on the panel remains while you edit it - this is now the default functionality.
5. Incorrect Chart Sort by Ordering Unable to Reproduce #7278 (NC) Unable to reproduce this problem either. Meanwhile there is another bug which Chris C is looking at where sorting is incorrect in Adaptive Caching. Follow #7473 and see if this problem returns after that fix.
https://github.com/MooDEdge/Edge/issues/7278 and https://github.com/MooDEdge/Edge/issues/7473
6. Deleting a question throws errors when the question card and thresholds section is open #7522 https://github.com/MooDEdge/Edge/issues?q=is%3Aissue+7522+is%3Aclosed Version tested: email@example.com
7. Embedded Questions pass through 0's causing the panels to present 'Nothing to Show'. R e-occurring in CISCO's own Infrastructure #7149 https://github.com/MooDEdge/Edge/issues/7149
8. Usage Cards not populating with data #7540 https://github.com/MooDEdge/Edge/issues/7540
9. Charts Zoom in appears to change numbers on a chart - Zoom function not working as expected and lowers the numbers on zoom in
10. Chart Settings (Pinboard) - Sort by Asc/Desc on Doesn't Sort#7473
Cypher Optimisations Phase 1:
There have been some performance improvements in cypher which mean that everything that touches data from the UI should be much quicker and take less time than before.
Everything should work as expected from a user perspective, just be slightly quicker.
An example from a user perspective of this change is in: https://github.com/MooDEdge/Edge/issues/7517#issuecomment-463599431
Data Provenance Phase 2:
There is a new section to the UI in a tab called Data Provenance. This covers data which has been loaded into each environment using data platform lite. This is not linked to lift and shift data.
The whole data provenance tab and usability and functionality will have to be tested in UAT.
Additional Technical Data Provenance Notes. How does it work?
Per landscape object:
o Audit the Publish process output/rows published and success
o Audit the records coming from the Optimisation service (CU's work)
o Show in Edge the reconciliation results, an aggregation from source through to target
o Show in Edge the last successful but also last attempted publish into Edge and it's status
o On each existing row, report the % rows validated (next to the red/green bar showing validation summary)
o On each existing row, on the red/green bar, when you hover over it / click on it you can see the validation rules (ideally how many rows did not pass each rule)
o On a new row above the history, report the next scheduled job
o Report when a scheduled job does not run
Per source data field:
o Report the status of the scheduler and job history per data feed (So if it's successfully run, last time it was, the next time it's due to run and current status eg. Successful, Failed, Running)
o Report the % rows validated and valid per data feed
(Eg, if data has errored or failed validation then this will be displayed but the Edge publish will not have been run)
o Report the validation rules not passed per data feed
(Extend AP's Audit service to be a Data Provenance API to cater for the above and separate the areas of concern between DP and Edge)
o Future ability to connect to other data lineage reporting tools or applications
o Allows the team to extend DP tables where needed rather than fit into what's already there