Prior to build 16.082 users could only change an element's type by dragging it from one theme to another, via the Repository Explorer. Users can now convert a single element to a different type within the same theme using the Convert To menu option.
Some caveats to be aware of:
- Child elements are left untouched.
- If a model exists, it is also converted to the target type.
- As with the original functionality, the target type needs compatible fields and model rules in the meta model in order to preserve all data during the conversion.
- Users will be informed of the incompatibilities before committing.
- This feature is not applicable to Process, Externals, Object, User, Group, Data Tables or Epoch themes.
Feature introduced in 16.082
Please sign in to leave a comment.