As part of our ongoing work, we're keen to put some effort around making the MooD "experience" easier for users, under the broad theme of "reducing the barrier to entry". In practise - this means "making it easier to do the stuff you need to do"
There are doubtless hundreds of workflows we go through in MooD on a regular basis. I'm keen, as product owner, to understand the most common things that we need to do - so we can put our effort where the best return on investment is.
Following some initial discussions with MooD employees, we have some candidate items, but I'm keen to garner a wider view to further inform our thinking.
Question - if there were things you do that you wish were easier, what would they be, and why do they feel too difficult?
- The process of creating the meta-model (adding fields, themes and relationships). - the outcome I am after is that I am more easily able to create the structure in MooD that I require. (it is too hard because I have to mentally visualise the model when creating it, and I am navigating between two screens when creating matrices)
- The process of creating a matrix to show some content. The outcome I desire is that I have tabular views of information that I can use on a Model (It is too hard because I have to know what element to relate a matrix to, amongst others)
- The process of creating aggregations. The outcome is that I am able to perform some aggrgation type activity and display it (ie: typically do some maths) (It is too hard because the language of level and dimensions is not friendly, and the processing logic of aggregation is hard to understand)
- Changing Element types from X to Y - the outcome being I have corrected an initail error in the creation of content. (It is too hard as If I am using multiple types in a theme, I have to drag and drop to a theme outside of the current one, and back in)
- The process of entering data into MooD. Whilst we appreciate SAT is one way of getting Data into MooD, there is a need to create Excel files, and then configure an import. Could it be easier? Outcome is that I am able to manually enter data that does not exist in other tools into Business Architect easier and faster than I am currently.(It is too hard as configuring SAT is a step I wish I didn't have to do in the process. I would rather enter data in a tabular view directly into MooD, or paste into a table from Excel)
Please sign in to leave a comment.