As a Solution Builder
I want an improved Inline form element editor, that gives me greater flexibility when defining what should be the contents of element pickers, pick lists and so forth.
So That i can build better less hard-coded solutions that can handle a wide variety of user inputs and element configurations dynamically. Vastly improving range of dynamic solutions i can deliver to customers.
Benefits my customers will get better solutions that require less development time to deliver and which they have a greater level of flexibility in configuring.
Possible use cases:
- Questionnaires where all questions and options are configurable by the customer, could for instance be used for data collection on elements.
- Currently, we do solutions with a model master for each element type, divided out over tabs. the Inline form element editor's "killer features" are the scrolling in the form and the built in field validation, this means that if it worked correctly we could do much more standardization across element types in terms of model masters. which in turn means bigger and better solutions built at a lower cost.
- Contents of list functionality for all relevant actions exposed in the Inline form element editor, please let me use queries so I can filter out the parent elements I use to organize my element types.
But that's a hack, would really like to be able to size the contents of the element editor correctly.
- improve the configuration interface, currently it's unclear why options are often disabled, and when they're not exactly what to expect.
- Better control over what should be shown for which elements.
- option to have all fields on an element except defined fields, so, for instance, I might want to show all fields on an Application except the internal identifiers, my current options are to either show all fields and hide the unwanted fields with Jquery, or to add the fields one by one to the list. Either option ain't great.
Customer / Originator Rune Kjerulff
Please sign in to leave a comment.