As an Solution developer
I want the Menu action panel to have an underlying logic more similar to "Radial chart", "Relatedness chart" and "Network chart".
So That I can tailor the menu and menu behaviour more finely. Right now, the Menu action panel is fairly obtuse and hard to get to grips with unless you are working specifically with explorer tree hierarchies (which, for a lot of things, is not a good idea). Instead. I would want to be able to select behaviour on the first and each sub level, as with the charts listed above. Things I would want to be able to control are:
- Background colour and highlighting options
- Whether a level allows navigation or not
- (and there are probably some more things)
Benefits Better able to support end users. Being able provide a more modern feel to the behaviour of menus. Reducing the number of "click - load"-iterations on MAE-solutions with a many-layered underlying information.
- Abiliity to configure the logics for each level in a menu of the "Menu action panel" in a similar fashion to above listed graph panels.
- Ability to configure the behaviour of each level independently (allow navigation or not, font, colours, highlight options, etc.).
- OPTIONAL: Usability improvements, such as not showing all menu items immediately, but instead allowing the end user to expand and contract sections at will.
Customer / Originator LFV
Please sign in to leave a comment.