The ArchiMate 3.2 blueprint, found at the bottom of this article, has all the updates to allow users to model at the ArchiMate 3.2 standard.
Due to changes to the UIDs, if you are using this blueprint with a version prior to MooD 17, you will need to download MooDArchiMateBlueprint_AM_3.2.xslt, ArchiMateToMooD_AM_3_1.xslt and MooDToArchiMate_AM_3_1.xslt, also found below with instructions on how to do this.
1. The old Physical layer has been left in place to allow for backwards compatibility with ArchiMate 3.1.
2. If you have not downloaded and used previous ArchiMate blueprints, you may wish to download the ArchiMate icons here.
Influence: has a Modifier field to denote the direction and strength of influence which is usually displayed on the view:
- Strongly positive: ++
- Positive: +
- Negative: -
- Strongly negative: --
- And/or a numerical indicator
When imported into MooD, the Influence relationship is not shown with its modifier, so the architect will need to manually check all the Influence relationships and add info panels as necessary.
Association: has an optional direction; this was not implemented for ArchiMate 3.1, but we have implemented it for ArchiMate 3.2.
The direction is shown by a single barb on the end of the arrow, when imported into MooD, the Association relationship is not shown with its modifier, so the architect will need to manually check all the Association relationships and update the style as necessary.
Properties: the 3.2 standard allows users to add attributes to ArchiMate concepts and these attributes can be typed.
In MooD we enable the user added attributes through Measures with a Measure type called Property, which works but does not allow for typing.
Importing typed attributes works although the attributes are Measures so are not typed in MooD, therefore when re-exported from MooD all the types are set to “string” instead of retaining the specified type, this is due to our required implementation.
Instructions for Installation for any version before MooD 17
- In Windows File Explorer, navigate to the ArchiMate folder under Program Files (x86)/MooD/16/Business Activation
- In the Common folder, rename MooDArchiMateBlueprint.xslt to MooDArchiMateBlueprint_3_0.xslt
- Copy MooDArchiMateBlueprint_AM_3_2.xslt into the Common folder
- Rename MooDArchiMateBlueprint_AM_3_2.xslt to MooDArchiMateBlueprint.xslt
- In the ArchiMate Export folder, rename MooDToArchiMate.xslt to MooDToArchiMate_3_0.xslt
- Copy MooDToArchiMate_AM_3_1.xslt into the ArchiMate Export floder
- Rename MooDToArchiMate_AM_3_1.xslt to MooDToArchiMate.xslt
- In the ArchiMate Import folder, rename ArchiMateToMooD.xslt to ArchiMateToMooD_3_0.xslt
- Copy ArchiMateToMooD_AM_3_1.xslt into the ArchiMate Import folder
- Rename ArchiMateToMooD_AM_3_1.xslt to ArchiMateToMooD.xslt
The files for the Import and Export folder are suffixed with 3_1 because the changes made are to support ArchiMate 3.1, no changes are necessary for ArchiMate 3.2.