Data Tables and Data Table Themes
Data Tables 'view' the original data. Through 'viewing' the data rather than importing it, performance is greatly increased as less complex SQL is generated on the server.
Data Table Themes are used to define the structure and fields in a Data Table, ensuring MooD knows the format and structure of the SQL database tables. This allows standard MooD queries to understand the view of the data.
Why Use Data Tables?
Data Tables ensure MooD calculations are always up to date with the original database. If something changes in the original database, then the change is automatically updated in the repository reducing the need to use synchronizers to manually keep the data aligned.
Data Tables also increase the performance of Queries, Aggregation Matrices, and Smart Columns, as well as reducing the need to write custom aggregations.
- Make sure you know the size of the data before executing as cancelling may take a while on slow queries.
- Indexing happens on the source table and is managed by the database administrator manually. MooD software does not do it automatically. You should consider adding indexes to match the conditions you are applying to your source records.
- All Number fields are limited to 15 significant figures and key fields can't be negative.
- SQL Server date fields must be of type DateTime. This ensures it is compatible with aggregations. If you don't do this, aggregations won't work and an error will be displayed.
- You can't edit Data Table Relationships in MooD.