Setting Up Your Landscape
The suggested workflow is split into two main steps; Structuring the Business Landscape, and Populating the Business Landscape. Structuring the Landscape covers the tasks needed to build up the basic layout of your repository. Populating the Landscape covers adding the individual Elements which make up the details of your Business Landscape and information about the Elements themselves.
Structure Your Landscape:
- Create Themes to group the entities in your Business Landscape
- Create Element Types in the new Themes
- Create Relationships to connect the Types
- Create the definition fields the Types will use
- Add fields to the Element Types
Populate Your Landscape:
- Create the Elements
- Add data to the Fields for each of the Elements
- Populate the Relationships for each Element
Each of the tasks in the suggested workflow are expanded upon in the below sections.