Populating Fields on Relationships
The wizard automatically creates relationships between sub-ranges. By default, each sub-range has a relationship to every subsequent sub-range in the sequence. However, from the third sub-range on, the Relationship group is enabled. This allows you to create a sub-range that represents the fields on a relationship between your existing sub-ranges. Ultimately, these relationship field sub-ranges can be used to populate relationship fields in your repository.
How to Populate Fields on Relationships
- Create at least two standard sub-ranges.
- Click ‘Add/Configure another Range’.
- Configure the range as you usually would.
- Tick ‘Does this range represent the set of fields on a relationship?’
- Use the drop-down boxes to select the sub-ranges which form the relationship.
The short video clip below demonstrates how to populate fields on a relationship:
I think to save some confusion.... the original guide on denormalised SAT
Has the full video on how to hook things up from start to finish. If you came here directly like I did initially, it is slightly out of context which makes it harder to follow. Maybe an improvement to SAT imports for relationship fields easier to manage would be a better future improvement.
Please sign in to leave a comment.